New Employment Projections for 2024
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has issued its latest semi-annual employment projections, for both occupations and industries, which show employment growth or decline, both in terms of the percentage change and the number of employees, through 2024.
These projections are used by students; job seekers; career counselors; education, employment and training programs; and businesses to determine jobs in demand. The projections also are used by state workforce agencies to prepare state and area projections.
* The average growth rate between 2014 and 2024 is 6.5%.
* By 2024, the major healthcare/social assistance industry sector will likely become the largest sector, surpassing two other major industry sectors: state/local government, and professional/business services.
* Major occupational groups with the highest percentage rate of growth (exceeding 10%) are — from highest to lowest — healthcare support, healthcare practitioners, personal care and service, computer/math, community and social service, and construction/extraction.
Here are some important projections-related resources.
* All-in-one table for detailed occupational projections (including educational qualifications)
* Monthly Labor Review (special issue on projections)
* BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook (updated to include latest projections)
* BLS Career Outlook articles on projections (simply written overviews with useful charts)
TO VISIT THE HOME PAGE OF OUR WEB SITE, CLICK HERE.
Modified On : January 04, 2016
Type : Text
Viewed : 2811